The Fort Pierce Police Athletic League provides local youth with a positive nurturing environment to develop different aspects of their lives including but not limited to; academics, athletics, social interaction, life skills, leadership skills, the arts, and community service.
Having a strong support system, such as PAL, has a direct impact on helping to lower crime rates and has an influential impact on a child’s future.
Our motto, “Before kids can go places, They need a place to go!” emphasizes our commitment to instill hope, a sense of citizenship and civic duty in the members of PAL. Our goal “Filling playgrounds, Not prisons” stresses the importance of providing a place, where kids can feel safe to come.
Information about our PAL you should know:
• Registered non-profit 501 (3)(C) organization
• Charter member of the Nation Association of Police Athletic Leagues, recognized as the largest juvenile crime prevention program in the nation.
• Open to all children and youth, ages 5 to 18, in the St. Lucie County
• Various team and individual sports and activities
• Run by volunteers that donate their time to coach and mentor
• Thorough background checks are done on all potential volunteers
• 80% of members come from low income households
• No membership fee
• No child is ever turned away as a result of family income, social background, or past involvement with the law
• Enrollment has increased from less than 100 members in , to more than 800 members in 2014